Welcome to Lewes Physio:
Physiotherapy based in the heart of Lewes.
We offer a full range of physiotherapy services for the
Lewes, Newhaven, Brighton, East-Sussex and surrounding areas.
Telephone (mobile): 0782 434 0903
Telephone (daytime landline): 01273 476 694
Telephone (evening landline): 01273 530 149
Matt Waters and also additional Physiotherapist attached to Lewes Physio are registered to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and are also fully insured and DBS checked (Disclosure and Barring Service), that service formally being CRB (Criminal Records Bureau)
Our Services: Click here
Therapies: Click here
- Amputee rehabilitation
- Back, neck, joints and muscles
- Children’s physiotherapy
- Chronic Fatigue / ME
- Hand therapy
- Home visits
- Hydrotherapy / Aquatic Therapy
- Neurology including Stroke, MS
- Older people’s care
- Orthopaedics / Trauma
- Pain management
- Sports physiotherapy
- Workplace health
Physiotherapy helps restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. It takes a holistic approach that involves the patient directly in their own care. Physiotherapy helps restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability.
It takes a holistic approach that involves the patient directly in their own care.
Many physiotherapists work as part of a multi-disciplinary team. They can work from NHS hospitals, community based organisations, private hospitals and clinics, sports clubs, charities and workplaces.
Physiotherapists help treat physical problems linked to a number of the body’s systems.
Physiotherapists help people who’ve been affected by injury, illness or disability. Some of the approaches they use include:
- movement and exercise – taking into account a person’s current level of health and their specific requirements
- manual therapy techniques – where the physiotherapist helps recovery by using their hands to relieve muscle pain and stiffness, and encourage blood flow to an injured part of the body
- aquatic therapy – a type of physiotherapy carried out in water